RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return of Lunchbox..
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 AM
jplmk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Return of Lunchbox..

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

I thought you are using SW2 for your 3rd channel? (the big one on the right hand side..)
I switched it over SW1 when I got to read how to do it Much better over there, even for lightning purposes.

In my opinion the shocks were cheap (the other option (Tamiya oil shocks) cost 60 eur a pair ($80) in the local shop), as they are only 15 eur ($19) a pair, bought them from Conrad Electronics (http://www.conrad.de) - search for item numbers 228164 and 228162 (latter is the one I got for the 3rd shock mod - BTW, I managed to get a pair of c-brackets locally, so 3rd shock mod will follow next week ). The possibility to adjust the spring preload is nice to have (have tighten it up a bit in the front, that might have helped the handling as well). Oh, by the way, the long shocks you could get in black/chrome as well (I just like the color ) - search for item no. 228166.

Haven't run it on tarmac, so I'm not sure if it will wheelie, but atleast on softer surface it doesn't (except of course when going from reverse to forward fast).