View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 02:02 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli 366GT *60cc*

ORIGINAL: sinergy

3d:

The 60 is more powerfull then a DA 50 easily. It actually is within 100 rpms +/- a G-62.
I would hope so....
but how much....??

I'm kinda surprised that folks are not flying a 24x8 on it with 10cc (20% larger displacement). It doesn't look to be more powerful that the MVVS58 (but that bad boy is HEAVY). I was reading a static thrust number of around 30 but I read earlier test results that showed the DA-50 getting between 28-32 lbs for static thrust measured/not calculated...so that would be equivalent to a DA50. My goal would be like 33-35lbs static thrust on a 16.5lbs model....looking for a little better than 2:1.

So this motor is basically a G62 reworked? Or I read a SACS (not sure what that is)? A conversion of a chainsaw engine with electronic ignition added? Excuse my ignorance.... Trying to come up to speed.

Also, I was reading about the the BMCA 62 engine....it kinda looks like that is the same concept if I'm reading correctly...but those are less expensive.... Slightly higher prop numbers but also another 2 or so ounces added weight as well....so pretty equivalent.