RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 06:06 AM
xclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

I bought a used Falcon 40 last week and had to replace one main rotor blade and the swashplate. I flew it for the first time yesterday and had fun crashing it many many times. I only broke another main rotor blade after about 20 crashes. I love it but have three problems:

1) I noticed that the Falcon acts kind of strange when you initially plug in the battery. The rotors move sometime on their own eventhough I have the throttle down to the bottom. I always switch on the transmitter first before plugging in the battery and it still happens most of the time. Anyone else have this issue?

2) Another strage thing is that on some crashes, the rotors keep spinning wildly eventhough I cut the throttle on its way down in the grass....shouldn't the rotors stop immediately when I cut the throttle?

3) I have very poor range on the transmitter. Placed new batteries in the TX, and fully charged the RX battery. With the attenna all the way down I can only control the servos and throttle within 3-5 feet. With the antenna all the way up, I get about 15-20 feet of control. Is there a way to tune the TX and RX?

Thanks for any insight.