RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Draganflyer - Go easy...
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
techrtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Draganflyer - Go easy...

I think the manual that comes with the DF says that they recommend that you learn to fly with TI off, but the DVD says something about learning to fly with TI on. Anyhow, I flew for the first couple of weeks without TI on. I learned to hover really well 5 feet off the ground, but then got into a lot of trouble on those inevitable occassions when the thing hops up to 12 or 15 feet, gets skittish, and you can't recover fast enough to keep it from slamming into the ground at an angle that is pretty much quaranteed to break a main arm, a gear, or a motor mount (sometimes all 3). So, my suggestion is that you learn to fly with TI on. It will probably save you a lot of grief. Also, fly as much as possible over grass. Your motor wiring, capaciters, and the bottoms of your motors will take a real beating if you don't. A big open field is very nice too. It's amazing how you can freeze up when you start heading toward a tree or powerlines. You also don't want to be running around your neighborhood, looking for your DF after one of the inevitable forced landings that will occur while you are learning to fly.