RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would you fly a gaint scale RC plane?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 09:06 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would you fly a gaint scale RC plane?

Although "bigger flies better", I wouldn't have any use for it. First, I would need a 5th wheel horse trailer and a giant gas-guzzling pickup truck or SUV. I would probably need a three car garage to store it in. I would have to learn how to play golf, then join a country club. Then I would have to take up watching Monday Night Football. Then, I would need a motor home for my annual visits to Yosemite and Yellowstone quite obviously. The grand-kids would have to be in college while I move to Scottsdale, AZ. Oh, and I forgot to mention: It costs enough for me to keep my Nexstar in operable condition, let alone trying to keep my refrigerator stocked. And, it costs even MORE should I fly it often enough to keep my skills up to par! I mean, geeze. Why should I bother with a big, giant, huge, overbearingly gluttonous to my wallet model airplane when renting an instructor and a full-scale Citabria would be considerably cheaper? OK, how about this: If it's a UAV that's owned by my employer, and I do it to make money to pay the bills with, then it would make a bit more sense.

NorfolkSouthern