RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Shop Rant
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Shop Rant

My LHS of Choice is Hobby Haven. Dave has been around since R/C airplanes were invented. Brian, Doug and Monte are the BOMB! They are knowledgable, helpful and try to keep a large variety of R/C airplanes, parts and support equipment in stock for most common uses. They are shy on Giant Scale stuff, but I can understand that, since a lot of folks shy away from it. However, they are glad to order anything a fella could want. There are usually a ton of R/C planes hanging from the ceiling for sale on consignment. I wish they would add a small coffee shop corner in the store so us BS'ers could sit and enjoy a cup of Joe and maybe a Krispy Creame, (They're one block down). Hobby Haven also caters to the other hobbies like cars, trains, boats, rockets, helis, die cast and plastic models. They have all types of books, magazines and other literature, as well as "How To" videos for sale. They also keep a good stock or R/C sims. The store is one block north of "Hooters" at 103rd & Metcalf, Overland Park, KS. Their phone number is 913-381-3111. I would never say something nice or supportive about someone or their business unless I was sincere. Stop in and say hello when you're in the Kansas City area. I have been doing business there for over 15 years.