View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Juice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF P-40 Build Thread

After years of being on RCU and benefiting from the knowledge of others on it, I want to give my little contribution by posting pictures of my current project... a Top Flite 1/7 P-40E Warhawk. I'm not the best builder and I don't have many tricks and tips to offer. In fact, I'll probably be asking many questions along the way. I hope that this thread will be useful for others building this kit now and in the future.

I have some goals that I would like to accomplish with this plane:
1) Must build fast. I want to try to have it built by the end of sping '07 and have it flying all next summer.
2) Must have retracts. Must have GOOD rotating retracts.
3) Must have flaps. Most people with experience with this plane say that this is a must.
4) Must not use film covering. I need practice fiberglassing. I need even more practice painting.
5) Must KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

I chose to model the full-size P-40E NZ3009. I don't know the history of this plane, but after browsing for hours on [link=http://www.airliners.net]www.airliners.net[/link], this one had the most vicious set of teeth and the meanest looking eyes (see attached pic). It also has a relatively simple paint scheme. I know it looks like Sky Shark's P-40N ARF, but I really like it.

Enjoy...

Josh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60414.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	550332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17375.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	550333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31090.jpg