View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Greg Covey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: COX Micro Warbird ARFs

Thanks, I didn't know Estes had even more versions. I've not been into micro flight for several years now. About 6 or 7 years ago, I remember having the first indoor aerobatic plane that could do both a roll and a loop in a small basketball sized gym. It used a geared GWS S2 motor and tiny NiMH cells. A few years after that, we were doing 3D circuits with Shockflyers, cheap brushless motors, and Lipos. A year or so after that, the "young guns" (our sons and friend's sons) put us all to shame as they could fly circles around us.

Topspin, what is that little brushless motor in your P-47?

I'll be using the stock (heavy) 220mAh NiMH pack and stock (current sucking) DC brushed motor for my review and video. For the most part, it will validate stock performance and let entry-level people see just how easy it is to obtain now. Perhaps I'll make my other model, the Spitfire MK XIV a higher performance flyer.

The assembly starts with the elevator and rudder. The manual has very good color photos and step-by-step instructions so I will only briefly cover what I did. The elevator and rudder are attached with the supplied clear tape and the pre-bent metal joiner and controls horns are glued into place. I used regular medium CA and kicker for the joiner bar and UHU POR for the control horns. The manual recommends foam-safe CA or epoxy.

Radio installation comes next where the motor, ESC, and battery are soldered to the charge plate. Again, complete photos and steps are well described in the manual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30067.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	554763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46014.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	554764