RCU Forums - View Single Post - EP/GP Modification to 41" jet speed boat
Old 11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
kyle5166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EP/GP Modification to 41" jet speed boat

The hull of the 41" is ABS plastic....so I sure don't want to over-power it, I am unsure of the GVW and any pertinent info as of yet...so when I first thought about fuel tank size and shape....I thought the bigger that fits the longer run time pending its not under powered, I want to be sure to balance power and run time where tank size is concerned right??

About using a clutch, with nitrous engines in a boat.....won't the boat want to take off the second I set it in the water if there's no way to disengage the drive?????

when I originally spoke to the hobby shop they said the boat is normally of the .15 size in the nitrous engines.....thats what made me think increase to .18 to increase both power and balance the increase in run time. and most definitely pull start....lol
and I have been told that the 6exa radio I have cant be used for marine use... what I cant figure out is why.... seems to me that radio & receiver are matched no matter what you wanna run. The 2PH radio is set up for marine but I am more comfortable running a dual stick radio.
This particular boat has a 550 Electric engine in it now but has no servo's with it. It is scheduled by ups to be delivered today so I am on-line researching ABS plastic repair solutions..... if the manufacturer is known would it be simpler to ask manufacture for a new hull or just try to repair this one, from my understanding the damages aren't major and can be repaired but what should i use is my first priority then electronics then engine/fuel system then prop.

Right now it has a D44xP1.5 prop on it

guys I appreciate the replies thank you so much for discussing this with me as I begin my journey into the r/c world again after it has been 20yrs since I even touched a radio