RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 11:57 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

I saw one of these maiden today. I stopped by the field after work today to see what showed up for the AZ Jet Rally this weekend. I'm not a jet guy, just an envious observer. There was a gentleman there with a Reaction he built. I think he was from Colorado? It was all glassed and painted Navy white, it had F4 intakes and canopy. Looking at the electronic installation I could tell he was a very meticulous builder. He said it was very heavy at 28lbs wet with a 14lb turbine. He was very nervous, waiting for a big guy in a red JR shirt to come fly it for him. While he was waiting another big guy in a orange Futaba shirt was admiring it and asking many questions. I could tell he really wanted to fly it for him. It was getting dark and big guy #1-red shirt was still busy helping a guy with a maiden on a EDF. Up comes big guy #3-Blue shirt-long pony tail offering help. After expressing some serious concern over weight and length of runway they agreed on a drop dead line on the runway. If it wasn't up at that point he was going to abort. All the worry was for nothing the thing lifted off and flew beutifully. It was fun watching all that builders hard work pay off.