RCU Forums - View Single Post - EP/GP Modification to 41" jet speed boat
Old 11-19-2006, 08:21 AM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EP/GP Modification to 41" jet speed boat

I would have got a new boat or built a boat from a kit. Like you said you are new, I am new too. I bought a rtr tc31 for a first boat, yes I am happy with it but I am trying to build a boat from plans now. I was told a Hot .45 motor would really test my hull, I wouldn't even consider putting it in a plastic hull. Hopefully you didn't spend alot of money on this boat, research the type of boat you want. If you want to go fast then I would say you probably don't want rtr, you wanna build your own. Ohh whats your idea of fast, my tc31 does 40mph+ with very little mods to it I would guess the sw36 is about the same. After I read this whole subject it sounded like you where going to try and hop up this boat that wasn't the quality boat to be hoping up, plastic is sorta sucky for boats. If you want convenience buy rtr about $400, If you want something fast build it (the boat you got sounds like a plastic hull that needs a total build anyways, so you where planing to basically build). Building a boat is gonna cost $400 +++++ it depend alot on what you want, but it is almost winter time and now is the time to build. Wish I could help more.

Paul