Old 11-21-2006, 04:14 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TF P-40 Build Thread

Lou,
easy mate

ok gyro for the P40 101, have you got your enrolments in? Got your texts? Could be your old alma mata but we will see!

ok I used a JR 460T on mine but any good gyro that allows remote gain control can be used as long as it is compatible with your radio system. If it has heading lock turn that feature off.

You need a powerful and FAST, repeat FAST servo on rudder.

What I did was this:

1. gyro is on a Y lead with Rudder but has it's gain control lead on a seperate AUX ch that is slaved to the retract ch.

2. You also mix in a separate ch to the gyro gain control ch that is used to adjust the amount of gain you want via an AUX trim pot.

So what happens is this. Retracts down, as the gyro gain control is slaved to retracts it gets full amount of deflection or in this case 100% gain. In other words it is ON. You can adjust the sensitivity of the gyro by way of the other ch you have mixed into it by way of the 2nd AUX ch.

with me so far? Good it is not as hard as it sounds.

ok retracts go up, hence the signal is now at min defelction or in this case 0. Gain of gyro is set to zero hence it is effectively off. The retract ch should be set as MASTER so it overides the other aux ch.

This is how I set up my P40. Take offs were a breeze, even easier then a trike trainer. Landing approaches were rick solid, drop the flaps, set trim and power and it would nearly land itself as the gyro keep it locked on course.

hope this helps
cheers
PEter