RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra RC 87" Yak Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:58 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ultra RC 87" Yak Build and Fly

The prop is about 1.5" from the cowl with the 2.5" stand offs. She balanced a bit on the tail heavy side with the Ignition battery and ignition hanging on the front edge of the engine box, and the RX battery about 2" away from the firewall in the fuselage. That’s with DA's stock muffler, wooden prop and no spinner and no wheel pants.

Arvind you can ask as many question as you want bro, as well as anyone else for that matter. We are here to help each other aren't we?

I had a couple of flights today, it was not windy at all which is something that I never experienced before (I started flying 6-7 months ago and today is my very first day to actually fly with very little to no wind) and let me guys tell you this, I have always wished that the wind would stop one day cause I thought flying would be a lot better, but I was wrong. The plane needs more rpm to do harriers and elevators or it will just drop like a stone from the sky. She also lands a lot faster with no wind. To be honest, I prefer to fly in mild windy days than no wind at all. The only good thing about calm days (to me at least) is the plane seems to torquerolls a lot easier.
Ahmed