RCU Forums - View Single Post - CX won't get out of ground effect?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 AM
RLefebvre
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CX won't get out of ground effect?

I got a CX and was doing really well with it, ran maybe 10 packs throught it. Had it outside and it crashed due to a little gust of wind or something. Broke my first upper hub. I rebuilt it, and ever since then it just won't fly right.

Started with a bad vibration after rebuilding it. I've managed to get rid of most of the vibration, but it's still there.

The main point is, I can't get the thing to fly properly. On a fresh pack, it will fly for about 15 seconds before dropping to about 2 feet, where it will fly for about a minute, and then can't get over 1-2" from the ground. Also, I need to hold full left rudder, and even that is not enough to stop it rotating.

I've rebuilt the thing many times looking for the problem. Only things I can find, are that the upper bearing holder seems to be out of round. I also see that the lower blades don't track well. They are out of track maybe 1/8" or so.

I also notice the lower gear on my new inner shaft has a lot of axial runnout. It wobbles up and down as it's turning. Not sure what the specs are on these. I swapped it out for another gear, and it still wobbles. So it's the shaft. But the shaft is straight when checking it on a glass surface.

I started to think I must have over-discharged the lipos. After a few minutes, the thing won't fly at all, I charge the batteries, and it only takes 30 minutes. So I thought I'd damaged the lipos. But I've been checking them with a voltmeter, and they both put out 9.5-9.6V when charged. I've checked them after the thing won't get off the ground anymore, and they're still putting out 9.4V. I've also checked the voltage while under load, sitting on a table with no blades, at full power, they're putting out 9.4V, even when I load one shaft by pinching it in my fingers.

Is it the 4in1? The motors? The wobble wherever it's coming from???