RCU Forums - View Single Post - Show us your scratch built foamys
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 07:54 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show us your scratch built foamys

Here's a few pictures of the new camera platform build. 4" wide by 36" long fuse. I think the fuse height is 5 or 6 inches or so. 7 inch wide by 48" long clark-y wing containing a carbon tube for strength and has been tempered with heat and extreme strapping tape to curve it for maximum stability. Controls are rudder/elevator. Right now with servos, ESC, and motor and prop installed the plane weight is only 17 ounces! That's without the RX, battery, or some tape in strategic areas. Still, with those added and the camera (very light) I'm expecting it to be well under 30 ounces. If that holds true she should land at a walking speed. She's still a work in progress so she aint too pretty yet. Have to hide the electronics in the fuse and if Gorilla glue isn't sandable then she never will get to be a ten. First time I've worked with the stuff. But hey, either way, I wanted a good aerial platform so looks come second. Some of the "fine" features to notice are the motor mount made from a fish filter tube and some kind of fish filter 90 degree bend at the top. It's very light yet strong. Hope it doesn't look so "fishy" once it's painted. I put a pack of smokes on top of the wing for scale. Still have to figure out how to mount the wing to be removable for transport.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59714.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	567187   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42836.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	567188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24781.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	24.5 KB