RCU Forums - View Single Post - do arfs belong in scale forum?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: do arfs belong in scale forum?

So, what is the poll for? Who is reading it? What will be done with it? Why must the ARF'ers continue to dredge the pond? OK, so ARF's will soon be like "Real" aircraft out of the box. The person who buys it will be able to proudly proclaim, "I bought this scale P-40 with all the goodies, to include panel lines, rivets, screws, scale retracts and a scale Pratt & Whitney engine". He'll go on to describe how the Warbird of his dreams has all the scale details he could never possibly have completed himself, as he did not have the time, the patience or the know how, but he did have the money to buy this one. There was once a time when being patient and paying attention to detail while trying to reach a level of master builder was considered a great achievement. Now, it's merely the thought of how fast can it be completed and put into the air with as little effort as possible. How can anyone take pride in something they did not do, but merely bought, completed some final assembly, maybe added some detail and flew it? I don't mind if there is a seperate forum for ARF Scale Aircraft, but don't tread on those of us, (Don't Tread On ME!) who wish to do things the "Old Fashioned" way.