RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your thoughts on scale kits
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:10 PM
feep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your thoughts on scale kits

We're discussing this from a modeler's point of view and that's valid but a lot of times we overlook the manufacturer's angle and I think it's valid also. I talked to the guys at SR about their choice of an E1 over the much more numerous E111 with so many more schemes and it came down to what size will fit into a vehicle. They were in the process of doing a Jenny but it was too complicated and large and it simply would'nt sell. The E1 was shorter and would fit better in an SUV. BUSA kits are designed to assemble easily at the field and will sell better than Proctor kits because of this. The scale companies forgo the practical considerations and aim for those modelers who want scale and are not as concerned with price or size or ease of assembly. When it comes to scale I personally like GT" angle. They will provide you with a basic kit or a delux kit with just about everything. I want a scale model which gives me the thiings I can't easily produce and leaves me to my own devices when it come to the things I can make myself.