Old 12-17-2006, 04:26 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hawker Hurricane bites the dirt/Video

ORIGINAL: CrashPro

Hiya Flak

Thanks for the compliments
No, never had a simulator, but I do play an online game called 'Fighter Ace'...really cool....puts you in the cockpit of WWII fighter planes...you need a joystick, a fast (cable or DSL) connection, and a computer with good graphics card.

I have AFPD. And I fly Microshaft Combat Flight Simulator 3 and Flight Simulator 2004, or FS9. I might get the FSX next, but that's not much better than FS9 from what I heard.

I flew a 747 from Seattle to JFK in 4 1/2 hours last night. Talk about a hard plane to fly! Everything is done by GPS and Auto Pilot... Or "Fly by Wire" rather. All I do is get it to the runway, take off and land. Of coarse it isn't that simple... but you get the idea. I love the Cub too because it just brings back so many good memories of my flying years.

And yes, I'm the same dude with all those Sound Uploads and other stuff for these Simulators. My hardest work was the Me-262 for CFS3. I built that plane and made a NASA Flight file to make it operate and fly right to the Specs. I also added all the effects etc.

I also made the Arizona Dr-1 for AFPD. It was my first attempt to make a plane for a R/C Simulator. It seems to be a hit, I got a letter from a French Site asking to have my Plane. I don't know French... but my wife translated it for me.

While I was flying the 747 last night, I thought... man, if I had a few Cocktails before and or during my flight, I could make this more realistic.[sm=lol.gif]

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY