RCU Forums - View Single Post - AXI 5330 Power Requirements
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Neo8234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXI 5330 Power Requirements

Hello,

I am a student leading a UAV project at my university. We are building a custom aircraft body and are estimating the final flying weight at 20lbs. We plan to use a single AXI 5330 to propel the aircraft. I am unsure of the power requirements of this brushless motor.

I know that it can accept up to 10s LiPoly, but I am having a hard time getting a good understanding on how much battery power we need to perform our tasks. Basically the only extremely demanding part of our flight will be takeoff & climb because we will not be performing aerobatic maneuvers. I am looking primarily at using Duralite Flightpower EVO20 7400mah packs ( http://www.duralitebatteries.com/bat...5000-7400.html ). These packs are available in 5s2p and 6s2p configurations at 7400mah. My difficulty is in that we are trying to obtain up to 2 hours of flight time using some combination of these packs.

Do I really need a 10s configuration ( two 5s2p packs in series) or would a 6s2p setup be sufficient? Also, I am not sure how 7400mah will last me in either configuration and I am aware I may need to setup a parallel configuration as well with up to 4 packs total (that would be 2 parallels of 2 5s2p in series). Any thoughts on what I would need to obtain 2 hours of flight time?

Thanks for your help.

-Blake