RCU Forums - View Single Post - *JR 7202 Questions*
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Ken6PPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *JR 7202 Questions*

I have a 7202, and I had the screen go blank several times. However, it really didn't present any real problem, and I never noticed it at all until my plane was back on terra firma. Switching the tx off and back on brings the screen back. Still, it concerns me a little.

I haven't been flying all that much since it has gotten cooler here in Ohio. I did get out a few times though, and it is interesting to note that I haven't had a blank screen since it has gotten cooler. Perhaps it is just because I am not flying as much, perhaps it is just coincidental, or perhaps it is temperature-related? I don't have a clue.

The DX7 is nice, but I feel more comfortable with the more proven technology on the 7202 right now. I'll think more seriously about SS for my NEXT radio! It is really nice to be able to tune to an unused frequency, when I find someone already using the one I had planned to use.

I recommend the 7202. I have been VERY happy with mine, despite the slight worry when I looked down at a blank screen. It hasn't caused me to loose a plane or anything..... or has it? Perhaps THAT was the reason my wing snapped off! Yeah - THAT'S IT!