RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:19 PM
tuskegee pilot
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Hello RC Universe family and co-builders and Flyers:

Today, I have the pleasure of introducing to you a beautiful new scale ARF airplane by CMP (China Model Products). I just recieved this plane on Monday, December 18th,2006 in the Northern New England state of Connecticut.

I have always been an fan of Cessna 182's and I believe that I may have found the perfect model to start a building thread on. Hanger 9 came out with a beautiful Cessna 182 a few years ago. I still have my eye on that 1.50 sized ARF. Top Flite also has a 1/5 scale kit that many modelers have had the pleasure of building and successfully flying. After all, it is a Top Flite model, you cannot go wrong there. Great Planes also came out with a beautiful .40 sized Cessna 182 arf. I have almost hit the "order" button several times at Tower Hobbies for this beautiful airplane.

I had to larger displacement glow engines, the Saito 1.80 and the Webra 1.20 pumped motors and I was looking for a nice civilian scale ARF to put one of these motors into. Along came the CMP Giant Scale Cessna 182 1.20 sized ARF! When I saw it, and considered all the positive write ups here in RCUniverse about this beautiful model, I thought, I will definitely buy this plane!

Well, the plane has arrived, and it is time to dig into the box. I will begin my post of pictures and assembly. I WELCOME ALL QUESTIONS and INSIGHT THAT YOU HAVE. This is one plane that is on the top of my building list.

Here are some of the goodies that will go into this beautiful bird:

1. RAM lighting system-->rotating beacon, navigation lights, and landing lights
2. Large displacement 2 or 4-stroke motor (nitro)
3. Futaba 9C radio
4. Hi-Tec Hi-torque servos throughout the plane on all surfaces, except the throttle.
5. Scale detailing from pictures that I have found on the actual Cessna 182 Skylane aircraft (from a Cessna Aircraft Company brochure)

Enjoy the building/assembly thread and post your comments, positive and negative. I love feedback!!!

CMP has put out a good one this time.

***Just an insider secret-->if you want one of these aircraft, either go to Nitro Models.com, A-K Models.com or find a local hobby shop that has connections with CMP aircraft distributor/manufacturing.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38275.jpg
Views:	2482
Size:	407.9 KB
ID:	581560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94309.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	581561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10269.jpg
Views:	1250
Size:	67.6 KB