RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP FS400AR Radial Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ASP FS400AR Radial Engine

Oh Lord, this engine makes Glorious Music!!

It is everything I hoped it would be. The sound of the engine running is fantastic!

I learned some very interesting things about OS "F" glow plugs today. They demand a lot of current! I had two brand new dry cells connected in parallel and it was enough to get the engine to light off, but not sustain running. It would start, and stop quickly. I played around with the carb setting, choked and added more fuel, etc. The best I could get was a few seconds of runtime. Out of desperation, and because Pe said it was what he did, I connected two cells together for more voltage and instantly blew the five OS plugs.

I used what I had on hand, and that is Tower Hobbies two-stroke glow plugs. They are significantly shorter than the OS plugs in size. Anyway, I installed them and used the battery as normal on only 1.5V and hit the prop with the starter and it fired immediately and continued to run for the entire tank of fuel, including shutting off and restarting as desired. Two-Stroke Glow Plugs!! [X(]

This engine (with these plugs) starts easily and runs sweetly for a brand new motor. And the sound..........oh the sound!! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

I was smiling so hard my face cracked!!

I have video! I will edit it and upload it tonight or tomorrow so everyone can hear this engine run.