RCU Forums - View Single Post - model airplane news rant! LOL!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 09:41 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: model airplane news rant! LOL!

I think they ought to farm out the ARF "build" to somebody who's only done a few, let them build it, fly it and report what they thought of the whole deal. It gets pretty mundane when you never hear them call whatever plane they just tested a POS, or it never had any issues, or it always flies perfectly. Sure, ARF's are better than ever, but surely not as perfect as the mags make them seem. The last couple I read, though, the reporter did say he replaced the hardware.

Here's another idea I'd like to see---have the mag take a new ARF, (we're talking scale here), and really make it something other than the cookie cutter plane it came out of the box as. You know, strip the plastic ora-mono-cover cote and do a real fabric re-cover, show how to do fake (or even real) rib stitching and taping, or skin the fuse and put the panel lines on it, add inspection hatches and baggage compartment covers, hide the switches, put in a smoke system. In other words, show how to individualize one of these things.