RCU Forums - View Single Post - model airplane news rant! LOL!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Joe Nagy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: model airplane news rant! LOL!

Hi Everyone;

Greetings of the Season to you All from the sunny and warm 'Valley of the Sun'.

MAN....Gee Whiz? What do you say? I was a very faithful reader/subscriber to MAN from the late 50s rite thru to about '02, and finally just gave up on them. They no longer publish or write about anything that I am interested in, they are just a glorified ARF/RTF catalogue, more of a manufacturers' trade magazine. I have saved every old issue of the past 45 yrs or so and cherish same, they are agreat reference guide, but trashed the newer issues...nothin' there. I used to love the Peter CHinn engine reviews, + all the great construction design articles buy the 'great ones' in our hobby; also the index was on page 1 or 2, hell, now it's on page 6 or 8 if you can find it at all. The only mag I subscribe to now is good old FLYING MODELS: it is as true to form as ever, as the current '06 issue is faithful to any of the old FM's of the 50s-60s-etc., just with modern content, and covers all aspects of the hobby: RC in all of its various formats, CL, FF; just a plain/plane great old mag for sure.

MAN has lost its way, and I personally think it will be going the way of RCM, and several others. Just one old modeller's opinion, been destroying balsa for about 55 yrs now and counting, so I think my opinion counts. Best regards to All, and let us all have a very safe and wonderful '07,

Joe Nagy in Glendale, AZ.