RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Engine
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
hooty301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fastest Engine

Just had another idea about the wings and pitch control...
How about a Gyro?
Could you use something like a heading hold gyro like they use on the tail rotor of a heli...only mount it horizontally so it controls the wing(s )?
A kind of operative canard wing at the bow could be an additional help too, but would add unwanted drag. That would lead to four electronically mixed devices to keep your boat safe on plane at 70 +++ mph...
Can you use a movable (aerodynamically ) trimming device, like a wing or wings (front and rear ) for example?
That might help with the pitching problem?
.....You guys have got lots of ideas going through my head now. I really like the Idea of using a Gyro to control wings. Im thinking a hydroplane similar to Miss Budwiesser or the fomula boat above with the engine mounted above the canapy, the bottom inch or so of the prop between the sponsons blowing air under the boat providing lift and making a coushion of air for the boat to ride on.The trick now would be keepin the boat from flipping and thats where the Gyro controlled wings come in to play. One on the front between the sponsons,in front of the prop and another on the back like the one on Miiss Bud. pitched accordingly to keep the boat level. I would like to know a little more aboat Gyros can they be mixed in to a control function on the radio. A pitch dial on a heli radio would be perfect to get the boat leveled just right and the gyro to hold it there. Not sure what I want to build first the outrigger like I had in mind to start with or a design like this with the gyro.