RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine for Funtana X50
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine for Funtana X50

ORIGINAL: Ralph L.

I have a question on topic. My plane is nearly complete all I need to do is set up my aileron linkage and I am ready to balance it. The thing I need to know now is where is the best spot to balance this plane for its first flights. These people give you almost an inch to play with 5 1/16 to 5 11/16 ok not a whole inch but close. But I just want to get some feed back from some who has flown this plane and where the best place is to start. So if it dead sticks or what have you I can get it in safely. Thanks again for all the info guys.
I recomend the farthest foward cg for starters. Don't even mess with the rearward cg, the plane flies horrible. I tried it the other day and almost crashed. I got in the air and she started bucking like a bronco, landed her fine but the only thing the plane wanted to do was fly up. LOL.

As for engine recomendations
A minumim of a 80 4-stoker and a 60 2-stroker. I got a pumped 90 2 stroker in mine and love the power. I would not recomend anything below 18 oz or you will have to add lead to balance. At least that is what happened to me before i moved up to a 90 sized engine.