RCU Forums - View Single Post - flywheel too light??
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 09:21 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: flywheel too light??

ORIGINAL: Believe It

ORIGINAL: piper_chuck

New piston and sleeve puts you back to breaking in the engine. It's probably tighter and you're not going to get a good idle. Get it so it's richer on the idle and you need to keep blipping the throttle to keep it going.
there is no problem with it idling. It will idle on the stand til it runs through the entire 16oz tank (not that i would let it). The problem now is that with any kind of added throttle over idle its wanting to die. Im pretty sure i have it rich enough as i have fuel on the plug..IE 3-3/4 turns out. There is NO LSN on this carb.
Most carbs that lack a low speed mixture adjustment won't give a good idle. With such carbs, a reliable idle is usually a sign that the engine is too lean on the high end. None of the OPS engines I've run would idle well. They always had to be fat on the low end if I wanted them to run well at speed on the water. Same with my Macs. Two exceptions are my OS outboard and OS .81. Both of these seem to have a great idle when the HSN is set right. I guess this is because OS knows how to make good carbs.

Where is the needle set now compared to where you had it before you rebuilt the engine?