RCU Forums - View Single Post - Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 12:41 PM
ktaylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club (CONTINUED)

HAA HAA, I get post #2 and here is apicture of what my wife is getting me for our anneversary next month. 109 foke wolf 48" wingspan. made for a .25 gasser, but you guys know me, it must be electric! probably go with the same motor that I have on big red. HXT42-50

Brent, also with the 123 cells, here's how I'm charging them. I'm using my Hitec Ni-cad charger set for 16 cells (24 volts). I keep my multimeter hooked up with it. I set it for 3 amp charge rate (maxed out) and set a timer for 35 minutes. When the timer goes f I check to see where the voltage is. Usually it's been around 21 volts. From there I monitor it (boring!!!!) until it hits 24 volts. Then I stop the charge & watch the voltage drop back down on the pack. If it goes under 21.6 volts I set it at a 1 amp charge rate & run it back up to 24 volts again. That usually gets it to where the packs drop back down to 21.6-22 volts. Slightly over charged, but I don't have any other way to charge them correctly. When Rockne made the packs he also put a balancing tap in place. So far the cells have all stayed really close. within .005 volts of each other. Got any idea of how I could modify my Kokam 3 cell lipo cut-off device to shut off at the right voltage & just use that to charge the Dewalt packs with?

Oh yeah, I guess I'll do an intro like Brent & sundance,, I'm Ken a.k.a. Blisters & Kate. For a long time I couldn't do any soldering without getting a blister. Lou started calling me Kate because when he would see the Ktaylor thing it just came up in his mind as Kate. A few others have joined in on that as well. I'm thinking I may have to get a model of that Japanese warbird that they knicknamed "Kate"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93371.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	589717