RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 02:49 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO

ORIGINAL: rainedave

Ed, how can the humidity be lower in Ga than in NJ? You did say NW and the mountains are always a bit less humid than the lowlands. But, still.

----------------

Sorry for taking so long to answer.

I lived in Pennsville, Salem County, NJ, which is in the south west corner of the state, along the Delaware River and Delaware Bay. If you can look at some aerial views (Google Earth), you will see that about half of Salem County is swamp land. Where I am now in Georgia is fairly well elevated and I live on top of a hill. The Tennessee River isn't much more than a little creek to me, after living near Delaware Bay.

It is much more humid in my old stomping grounds in NJ than it is here in Ringgold, Georgia. Seriously. I laugh when the locals say that it is humid here.

However, the temperature actually feels hotter down here for a given amount. I attribute this to the increased amount of sun shine. Move out of the sun's direct light down here and you get significantly more comfortable feeling. This trick didn't work in NJ. The humidity was really bad up there.

Ed Cregger