RCU Forums - View Single Post - SS speck
Thread: SS speck
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
lvspark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SS speck

I have the hi-tec single stick FM single conversion with long range reciever.

I trim the plane for slow level flight with the power off. I climb while going away from me.. If I see the bottom surface of the wing, pull up more, if I see the top surface of the wing, feed in some down elevator. Climbing out in this way, the plane should look like --+--
You have to have decent power to be able to climb out at a steep angle. Do not get distracted and take your eyes off the plane. It is easy to loose.. I suggest getting a friend to help see the plane and take care of other distractions. Also, always climb upwind of your ground position.. If you get downwind, you may not be able to bring it back.

One added bennefit I like about this method is the rear profile of the SS is small, and gets very small real quick. When you start to "loose" sight of the plane, turn off the motor, the plane will settle into a slow flat glide revealing the full cord and span of wing and tail and you can see the aircraft and the direction of travel very easily (compared to the rear profile).. Kinda like looking down the length of a pencil at arms length...all you see is the eraser and it is small.. Now turn the pencil sideways, and WOW, that tiny object is now very big and easy to see..

Be safe, have fun...[8D]