RCU Forums - View Single Post - Volt,Amp,Watt,RPM,Windings......
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 09:20 PM
Tippie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volt,Amp,Watt,RPM,Windings......

Try this web site: http://members.aol.com/KmyersEFO/index.htm Click on 'site table of contents'. This is loaded with electric information. Also you may want to take a look at a computer program called 'motocalc'. It will give you a pretty good analysis of what is needed to power a specific airplane. You can download the program and use it for a 30 day trial. After that they want you to pay $36.00 USD for it. A lot of the serious people use it and although I don't have it myself I am considering it. Go to: www.motocalc.com and have a look. Did anyone tell you that you don't have to "prop" an electric motor. HA The other warning is always be alert to props when you turn the receiver on, you may have the throttle advanced and will give you a wake up call. Some ESC's have a safety on them that requires you to advance the throttle to full and back to off before it is armed. Reduces the surprises.
Welcome to electrics, I'm learning about it as well and do web searchs ( www.google.com ) to cram info into my empty cranium. You might also go to the all electrics web site: www.ezonemag.com and get registered into their discussion forum.