View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Upplands Vasby, SWEDEN
Posts: 7,815
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Burp tank-what is it?

There isn't anything called a "burp tank" You probably think of a "Bubbleless " tank.
These tanks are made by Tettra company of Japan and have an inner bladder made of silicon where the the fuel is located.
Around it is an ordinary hard shell of plastic like an ordinary fuel tank.

You fill the inner bladder with fuel as with an ordinary tank using your electric fuel pump ..or a special mechanical pump made by JETT enginering in Texas. These tanks are mandatory in pylonracing and are used world wide by us pylon guys.
These tanks are expensive but are well worth the money because they make our engines run more reliable.
Vibrations are no problems with these tanks as fuel and silencer pressure (air) is never mixed.
The pressure from the pipe/silencer compresses the inner silicon bladder and fuel is pressed to the ventury/carb. No clunk is used.
There are Tettra tanks from the smallest 85cc to a the largest 750cc tank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98397.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	594860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74029.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	594861