RCU Forums - View Single Post - Offcial xxx-t thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Brushless Corey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offcial xxx-t thread

ORIGINAL: BoysToys

I got my MM5700 installed today and did some quick runs down the street. It is faster on 6 cells than my Novak 5.5 but I have it geared 19/88 instead of 15/88. It was in the 50s here today and the motor temp never got above 145. I am trying to figure out a way to mod my chassis so I can fit a 3s lipo in it. The Lipo is about 15mm taller than a NIMH stick pack. I have a broken chassis that I am going to experiment with. If I can't get it VERY secure I am only going to get a 2 lipo that will easily fit under the battery strap. Ed I also have the MRC 977 so I will only need a pack and a balancer to make the switch to lipo.
Corey- If you don't ever plan on running more than 8 cells or 2s 7.4 volt lipo the 7700 will be the fastest motor for you. The Novak will be smoother at very low throttle or when starting up but the Mamba will be able to give you higher speeds. If you want to run 9-12 cells or 3s 11.1 volt lipo get the 5700. I may have a Novak 5.5 for sale, I am not sure if I am going to put it in my Stampede or not yet. I don't think that my 6 year old son would be able to control it even with the EPA turned way down to 50% or so. Good luck with your decision.

Here is my truck as of today.

Right now I'm just running a Black Label (Reedy I think) 3700 battery. I didn't realize the 3sLiPo will not fit without modification of some sort. I'll be figuring out what I'm gonna do here soon. I won't be able to watch my brother run his while I'm just being all slow. I'm gonna have to do something eventually. He is running the 7700 with a 2s Lipo with a Dean's plug in his Rustler. If you or I can figure out how to do a 3s Lipo with this chassis that'll probably be the way I go and also with the 5700.