RCU Forums - View Single Post - Storm Launcher!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 11:27 PM
OUTLAWSAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Storm Launcher!

I just bought a SL. I am a very experience RC aircraft flyer and builder. I have flown just about everything and built all manner of experimental AC. I even assisted the New Mexico National Guard in getting their Goldberg Mig23 drones oeprational...an ac otherwise unflyable...I modified them to fly like a Golberg Eagle and saved them all kinds of headaches in their training program.

So, I have decided to post my experiece with the Storm Launcher as I learn to fly it. So far, my "out of the box" experience: I tested it on the living room floor and can see it is clearly going to be a challenge. It is very controllable...and will be very easy to over control. I like the power/weight ratio...it darn near hovers in my front room. I will leave the horz stab in place over the elevator and the prop guards on for the first trial flights. I am inclined to reinforce the vertical stabs now, before flight tests...but I don't want to change anything to give it a fair test.

I also tried to find more spare props...I know I'll be needing them. No luck at all...I sent a message to Spinmaster regarding this. I am expecting the local hobby shop will have something I can adapt...but, the left/right props may impede this. UAV Pilot, probably this is something you should ask the mfg about...if this thing is targeted for kids, the props really should be much more available ...and one set for amost 12 bucks (cost and shipping) is a total rip. Three sets for that would be much more reasonable.

I'll be posting more as I get experience. Outlaw sam.