RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen Matrix TR Arena
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 05:13 AM
RGX Blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Matrix Tr Arena

the Tx sure i'll try and get one up here soon...i have a pic someplace? so i'll get it here if not i'll take a quick snap of one.....

hey Lama
now that are some cool looking tires !!! maybe not for racing in some situations but it looks cool!!!
and that is alot of shims on the rear...?????
the tires....??? for glueing up...??? well here's my 2 cents i hope some of this can help...
and for everyone......

to "My Knowledge" after the mod for the 17mm hex hubs...you'll have about 98% more Access to rims and tires than if using the 23mm....
"Personaly" i do not use the 23mm hubs i use the more racer friendly 17mm....
as also i have 5 sets already mounted up of both crime fighter and holeshot tires for mine...
and another 2 sets in the HPI Nubz...and a set of GRP's
just doesnt make sence to me personaly to spend another
5 to 600.00 on extra tires and rims??? when 99% of the market is geard for 17mm...???
for example....if say i wanted to just run a set of HPI Nubz (excelent tires by the way)
or GRP's killer tires too for racing !!
there "Already Mounted up" so i just buy'em and put them on....and race whoooo yea..!!!!
with the 23mm...first i have to look around to see if "Anyone even Carries them"??
then if they do most of the time there in the 40 series rims??? which most of the trucks such as the Revo's and Savage's will sometimes still use....pretty rare to see these even still?? there supper wide and can only use "One Style Of Tire"
and if they "Do Have" the rims in the 23mm i am 99% of the time out of luck on matching rims?? the hobby shops either have a pair of white? or a pair of yellow?
but in the 11 shops here localy seems no one has a full set??? when i do order some they usually take about 3 weeks??? on "Average" around here anyways???
and why...??? sometimes, do they take long? Well many shops do not get a big demand for those rims...so they do not stock them often if at all...so they wait for at leat 3 orders as no shop wants to buy 8 full sets of 23mm rims only to have them sit for months....????
and 17mm you can get from HPI,Jammin,RGX,TTR,GRP just to name a few...instead of being "Forced" to buy Proline rims...???? which to my "Knowledge" but do let me know as i am not totaly sure but "Proline" is the Only one making 23mm rims???
so some may be asking?
"But Blade Aren't you a CEN Driver?, why dont you use the CEN rims?"
well a few reasons....i am glad everyone asked....ok class take notes now...
first....the CEN rims are ok, but personaly "Not Fo Me" i like yellow??
they do not make yellow? and second you can "Only use our Tire" which is ok? but most of the tracks here in Southern California some of us will use "Truggy Holeshots" and you cant use hole shots without cutting off the Bead..and if your not careful you'll ruin the tire.... !!!!
any tire really...??? it is a "Specialized" rim,
3'rdly i like dish rims....just me i guess??
CEN at this time doesn't make dish rims? to me the spoke rims just look RTR'ish...???
there fine just not for me.....[8D] the buggies there ok....
but on the trucks just kinda look different to me...
but there cool many do like spoked rims and in many case i think they look great, i just preffer dish that all....
but if one had to "Weigh The Differences" going 17mm hex hubs in the L-O-N-G ,LONG LONG run you'll be better off and less money spent.....
i hope this can help everyone...

BUT if you have never had or HAVE tires mounted in anything or just starting out with only 23mm rims and tires then it is fine....for many that as well as myself that have extra sets of rims and tires, it's a waste of some hard earned cash....
if one doesn't mind switching back and forth? it probally will not present a problem?...
if only going to use 23mm hubs to my "Knowledge" i could be mistaken...but "Proline" is the only one to make the 23mm rims and there not supper readily available everywhere.....
because there is not a big demand for those rims....
that alone along with no Body included is a turn off for many????
I am hopping to change that am working with a Machinist to help make More 17mm hubs "Made" for the truck...along with a body included something we'll Include "BUT Only if purchased Through RGX"....and of corse we already "Now" make a 17mm rim...
we have enough for 5 kits now...that include this option so you'll have an Option...
already "Included"
hope this info can help.....