RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cen Matrix TR Arena
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 11:35 AM
DahlELama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Matrix Tr Arena

Blade - Thanks! That is exactly the discussion I wanted to start by posting that. If you build the right hexes that make up the slop... the people will come brotha.

I will be sticking to the 17mm hubs as I agree.. there are many more readily available options for the wheels and tires. I did not know that the RTR wheel was a special size. That sucks. Anyone want a brand new set? NOTE: Dont drink and eBay.

Regarding those Badland moto style tires..... our local track is club owned/maintained and they tend to water it down too much in my opinon. Puddles in the corners and such. When that happens, the Bowties, Crime Fighters etc tend to pack up and 'skate'. The plus side is that we have really good dirt here in I-dee-ho (some good clay in it) and the traction when it dries out a bit is really good. So.... I watched one guy dominate the Truggy and Buggy classes at a two day event here last year running those Badlands on both of his rigs. He's a good driver and all for sure... but for the conditions his traction was off the hook. It was the first time he had run them and he thought they were great (obviously he won). So... I got a full set for $50 shipped so I think I'll give them a try.

One thing... offset... if you go to the Maximizer site they are proclaiming that the CEN truggy requires an offset rim. Just to sell theirs? I dunno.... but all the pics I have seen of Smolniks rig, Hickerson etc they are all running what looks like the 1/2" offset wheel. I was thinking of trying a setup where I use those Mugen loooong hubs to get the offset. Thoughts?

e.