RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Tri Star Build
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 09:29 PM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig Tri Star Build

Hi Pete,
I have had a tri star ever since they came out. 1st, DO NOT GO GLOW!! I have a .15 on mine & I am going to change it to the E-flite 15 size brushless out runner w/ a 4s lipo. The problem w/ the glo is that you need A LOT of nose weight to off-set the engine & fuel which makes the plane heavy. With the E-version you simply move the battery forward. 2nd, get larger wheels than what's included. MPI sells large very light wheels which will allow you to fly off of grass. 3rd, straighten out the front nose gear & twirl it 2x so the nose gear looks like what you'd see on the front of a trainer aircraft. It looks cool when it's bent back but each time you land, it will bend & each time you straighten, it will weaken the wire. 4th call Sig & see it they still have the replacement main landing gear in stock. The original gear was made of a wire that was too small of a diameter & would easily bend so they were replacing them @ no charge. If they do not have them just get the replace landing gear for the Hangar 9 e-flite Edge 540 @ www.horizonhobby.com. They are the same height as the main gear used w/ the Tristar. 4th The plans call for 1 servo to operate both ailerons. Use 2, one for each aileron. Go to www.zagi.com & follow their technique for installing the servos in their wings for your tri star. Write me if you have any more questions.
Saul