RCU Forums - View Single Post - The worst plane you have ever flown
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 10:28 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The worst plane you have ever flown

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

That plane used to get all sorts of glitzy advertisement. I'll bet Chris Chianelli [that lieing sack of s--t] gave it 2 thumbs up .
So how do you really feel about him?

My brief stint during the early '90's working in the marketing department of a hobby manufacturer taught me one valuable lesson - never, ever believe a GD word of what you read in magazine reviews. Okay they are not total fabrications, but isn't it funny how many top quality products there are out there?...

A typical scenario - product developer designs product, builds a couple of prototypes himself, trims and test flies them himself (you see a problem/pattern developing already?), declares them sound, then they go into production. Pre-production kit is sent to a buddy who happens to do magazine reviews. Buddy builds/assembles model, maybe has a couple of problems and calls designer buddy to discuss, gets sorted out. Reviewer tests product, declares product good stuff, well done, quality this, great flight performance, nothing more than a minor niggle here and there sure to be corrected in the production versions, and off you go - a very positive review of a new and exciting product! Manufacturer advertises product in very same publication...

No opportunity for BS in this scenario, is there?

I ain't making that up, been there seen that got the T-shirt as they say.

MJD