RCU Forums - View Single Post - What! Not another darn T-Moth
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2003, 04:56 PM
jcoggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What! Not another darn T-Moth

ChicagoGj,
On my TM I glued 1/16" balsa to the plastic struts for reinforcement & only glued the strut part to the wing. The key to mimimal damage has been to only fly in no wind and have a decent place to land. So far the wings don't flex while in normal flight. I noticed the wings flexing on the exit of a wingover. So, I have been throwing around the idea of gluing a 1/2" peice of packing tape or carbon fiber tape along the length of the bottom wing at the leading and trailing edge. I would probably thin the epoxy with alcohol for maximum lightness. I am using a 9.6V 720mah Nimh AAA size battery. It gives me 30-33 minutes of flight time. The pack is square, so I only needed to shave about 1/16" of foam from the battery hole to make it fit. After about 20 minutes of flying, I start running out of maneavuers, so I don't really need the extra capacity. I would like to go with the LiPoly batts, but I don't like the idea of having to combine two packs toger to fly and then separating them for charging. I think I will wait until the technology advances to the point where they are more user friendly.