RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.

ORIGINAL: jzinckgra

I am finishing my H9 Cap232g and am having problems getting the elev halves lined up. My initial problem was the servo arms not lining up at 90 degrees for both servos. I fixed that with subtrims, but now I notice the left ele, looking from the back is ~1/8" higher than the right (neutral), even though the front of the elvator halves are flush with the rest of the stab. Could this be due to a warped ele half? At full deflection the difference is obvious as well. This is sure to cause loops that aren't round, maybe some roll too. If I use sub trims to equal the halves in the back, then the front of the ele halves aren't level (one down more than up). Either way, it seems there would be some weird differential, unplanned. What's the best thing to do here. Here are some pics.
It is possible that there is some warp in the elevator halves, however, looking at the photos, it also appears that the hinge slots are not all centered. (One photo shows the right elevator half at a different height than horizontal stab, although that could just be the photo. )

Check the elevator halves with a straight edge. If they are warped you MAY be able to straighten them by shrinking the covering a bit more.

If the hinges are not lining up properly you will need to cut new hinge slots (next to the existing slots ) and rehinge it.