RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.

This may sound strange, but zero all of your settings on your TX.
Plug both servos into the same channel (YES, one side will go up when the other side goes down)
Now mechanically adjust both halves so they are in the same location and the geometry is the same.
You may have to try different arms until you find two arms that put the arm on both servos at the same angle.
Once the geometry is the same and the halves are the same, then you can move it to the desired channels and reverse the slave compared to the master. Adjust the height of the control arm to the elevator to adjust the throw.

ORIGINAL: jzinckgra

I am finishing my H9 Cap232g and am having problems getting the elev halves lined up. My initial problem was the servo arms not lining up at 90 degrees for both servos. I fixed that with subtrims, but now I notice the left ele, looking from the back is ~1/8" higher than the right (neutral), even though the front of the elvator halves are flush with the rest of the stab. Could this be due to a warped ele half? At full deflection the difference is obvious as well. This is sure to cause loops that aren't round, maybe some roll too. If I use sub trims to equal the halves in the back, then the front of the ele halves aren't level (one down more than up). Either way, it seems there would be some weird differential, unplanned. What's the best thing to do here. Here are some pics.