RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual elevator halves uneven. Setup help needed.

ORIGINAL: foxyone

So im to understand that when the ele is in the nuteral position the front edge isn't on the same plain as the hor.stab its higher or lower,right?
Then the hinge line isn't centered. simple problem,it will fly that way without much of a problem but if you feel unsafe with it that way just cut the problem ele.half off and redo it. you can use a hinge guide to mark the correct location. not much of a problem to fix.
No, I guess I wasn't clear about that. I am not referring to the leading edge of the ele not being flush with the stab, but rather where the ele tips come around towards the front of the stab. If I make both ele halves flush (see 2nd pic above), then the back left is 1/8" higher than right side.

You need to use an incident meter! It is not uncommon to have one stab a degree or two off. Measure the wing and get it to 0 and then measur the stabs with the counter balance even with the front of the stab. I am sure you have one that is off. File the alignment pin hole so the stab can be rotated slightly and screw it back down. If you go over to the Giant Scale forum there is a bunch if info about your problem. Try it, it is easy
thanks, will check with the meter.