RCU Forums - View Single Post - GOOD PAINT
Thread: GOOD PAINT
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GOOD PAINT

Jim, TJR update. I used the gun last night to spray Stits Poly Brush on the wing of my Tiger Moth in prep for putting on the rib stitches and finishing tape. It worked fine once I got the fluid and air adjusted to where I thought it was supposed to be. Every thing went fine considering I was spraying on bare fabric. Got some uneven atomization resulting in some heavy coverage in areas but it all settled out very nicely. After all that, I came to the conclusion that I need a regulator at the gun so I called Spray Gun World about a mini regulator. In the conversation I learned that I was spraying at to low a pressure at the gun. Should have been at 23 to 32 PSI instead of the 10 PSI I had tried to use. The instructions said to set the gun at 10PSI but I have since found out that they meant 10 PSI at the air cap not at the air supply inlet. It's a different world, this HVLP stuff compared to the Binks Air Brush I have used for years. The TJR sure covered faster than the air brush and lots less overspray. But I still got *****ed at by my wife when she got home for "stinking up the house". I thought it was all cleared out. Gotta build a spray booth next.