RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow F-15 ARF Assembly Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Yellow F-15 ARF Assembly Thread

Hey Jedi and Shaun,

Yes I am the guy and I must say that Shaun did rectify my problem as promised....thank you Shaun. I have just finished another fitout job on a F16 while also building my Mig 29 and am now going to start my yellow ARF F15. I posted on another thread about this model. I have never been more impressed when I received an ARF model like this. If you consider the amount of time required to finish the model to this standard, the value is excellent.

It would be great to exchange ideas on how to fitout this jet. I would be happy to post my pics but I am only at the "let me think about this" stage. I seem to sit there looking at the thing for hours and get nothing done, and I only start when I know where everything is going.

I am putting a Jetcat 120 in mine. I will mount the solenoids and fuel pump on the floor of the fuse. I haven't finalized the position of the ecu yet. I don't like having these near the receiver. I will use a weatronic to avoid using matchboxes on the flaps and elevators. I want to add a full set of lights to mine, including in the fins and that will be a challenge but I have already worked how I can run the cables. I did the same thing on my avonds F15 after I had primed it and did not damage anything so I should be ok. I will make the canopy functional and use an air ram to lock it down.

The only thing I don't like is the mechanism for holding the hatch down. I know Charles hates hatch latches but I think I will install them for ease of use. I can see that great paint job being damaged otherwise.

Jedi, thanks for the positive feedback. I thought I might have become known as a PITA, but if not, that's great.

Let's keep this thread going and have some fun with this one!

Craig.