RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli P-38-- SUCCESSFUL Maiden!!-CG Question
Old 02-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Mustang51
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli P-38 Ready for Maiden-CG Question

Hi Kram,
Glad to hear there's another CBA alive somewhere. Never let it be said that composite planes are easy to put together, that's for sure.
There were no instructions with the kit. None that I know of anyway. I had spoken to Bob Antonell(owner of CBA) about 5 weeks ago. I asked him that very same question(CG). He said the cg was
5 1\2" from the leading edge.

Bare in mind too. At the typical flying field, the grass of the threshold of the field is usually pretty thick and high(sometimes 3 or 4 feet). Alot of warmer turbulent air is rising off of that grass and your flying off of its ground effect. Suddenly, you've crossed the threshold and you're over the nice low cut grass of the field and your ground effect just fell out beneath you and the plane gets real ugly for a second. I see this happen every year, usually in the mid and late Summer months when the sun is really heating things up(especially after rains when the grass is wet and the water is evaporating and you add all that humidity rising as well). As long as you're aware of it, and ready for it, you won't get hurt.
Sounds to me though that you may be nose heavy.

-Dave