RCU Forums - View Single Post - Want to make a parachute drop.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want to make a parachute drop.

Cut the bottom of the plane the size you need. Then, make a single door to replace the hole. hinge that door at the front, so that when it opens, it will open away from the slipstream--so the door won't get ripped off, or create more drag than necessary. Now, attach a servo horn to the door, and attach that to a servo. Use the servo to lower and raise the door. The paratrooper will "slide" out of the door when it lowers. All you need is for it to lower enough for the trooper to slide out, and then close it again. you'll have to figure out a way to make sure he doesn't rattle around and off of the door while you are taking off and climbing out. Maybe a small, lightweight box on the inside of the airplane, above the door that you would drop him into. I hope this makes sense, and it's just one idea.
I agree with you--no external box. it doesn't look right. don't mess up the scale lines of a cub like that. Also, with a box above the door, you could load it with candy or whatever and drop other stuff as well. Be careful, though, you'd be surprised at how hard candy feels when dropped from an airplane!