RCU Forums - View Single Post - Man are you fat!
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 PM
DaveCFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man are you fat!

OK...I stripped the covering off the turtle deck of my newly built 4* 40. I can recover that easily so I figured that would be the least intrusive way to get some weight shifted. The plane balances out almost perfect if I put the battery back as far as I can get it. Right behind the F5 fuselage former. The battery is wedged between the fuselage side and one of the nylon push-rod tubes. (The outer tube, not the push-rod itself.) There is no room to wrap the battery in foam like I was hoping to do. Will it be ok just like it is or should I figure out something else? This way I will not have to add any extra weight and it balances out to about 1/4 inch ahead of the main wing spar. (Recommendations are CG on the main spar.) This is my first kit build and I just don't know how I should handle this issue. With the battery up front I have to add about 4 ounces of weight to the tail. However, if I put the battery back there and need to get at it later I have to tear my plane up again to access it. I have included a picture so y'all can see for yourselves. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

DaveCFI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46621.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	621845