View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 06:18 PM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How Hard Is It 2 Recover ??

Dragonheart,

My first suggestion is to fly it like it is. Then if you like the way it flies, then you can consider recovering it. On covering, there are numerous books on the market on covering airplanes. Your LHS should either have some books on covering, or they should be able to get some for you if they deal with airplanes. If I am not mistaken, I believe you can order books on covering form Tower Hobbies, or out of Model Airplane News. Also, Look at the post at the top of the Q & A page on new covering videos. The videos you can download and watch at any time. The same post also goes into other sources for books on covering.

As far as the first step goes. Buy yourself a good quality sealing iron, trim iron and heat gun. I have had the best results with 21st Century irons myself. They cost a little bit more, but they are worth it IMHO. It's not hard to do if you take your time and be patient.

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. If not, post a reply here on RCU and you should be able to get any additional help you need. Good luck on your covering job.

FLy safe and have fun!!!
David