RCU Forums - View Single Post - PAU/BME 87" Extra 330L - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PAU/BME 87" Extra 330L - Build and Fly

I used a 16 oz Dubro tank... I soldered the fuel barbs onto both ends of the fuel tube and just the outside of the vent line tube. I still need to add a small ziptie to the lines going to the tank... I doubt they'd come off anyway with the barbs... but it's cheap insurance.

I lightly sanded the bottom of the tank and CA'd two blocks of 1/2" foam to the bottom... then I CA'd the foam to the tank floor. The design has those nice strap slots so I used two long Zipties to hold the tank in place... I used some of the loop double stick velcro as "pads" for the tank corners where the strap touches...

I tied a loop in the vent line and using a stick mount ziptied it to the tank floor... this is to help prevent fuel from dribbling out the ventline when inverted... I'm experimenting here as I see many do a HUGE loop of fuel line around or under and over the tank... Ithink this does the same thing with less weight and line...

I'm using a 2 line system on this plane... the white "T" fitting has a filler line branching off to go to a fuel dot.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56570.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	625945