RCU Forums - View Single Post - PAU/BME 87" Extra 330L - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PAU/BME 87" Extra 330L - Build and Fly

Physics works against you this time. The reason the loop goes around the entire tank is so the fuel does not drip out when oriented nose down (nose up the tubes are already positioned right). This is assuming the pressure of the liquid can only push it in the tube until it is level with the rest of the liquid. I think it was verbalized and proven during the Greek era.

You can do as many loops as you want in the tube - if they are all below the tank when nose down, fuel will loop in the tube and then drip out

ORIGINAL: Maudib

I used a 16 oz Dubro tank... I soldered the fuel barbs onto both ends of the fuel tube and just the outside of the vent line tube. I still need to add a small ziptie to the lines going to the tank... I doubt they'd come off anyway with the barbs... but it's cheap insurance.

I lightly sanded the bottom of the tank and CA'd two blocks of 1/2" foam to the bottom... then I CA'd the foam to the tank floor. The design has those nice strap slots so I used two long Zipties to hold the tank in place... I used some of the loop double stick velcro as "pads" for the tank corners where the strap touches...

I tied a loop in the vent line and using a stick mount ziptied it to the tank floor... this is to help prevent fuel from dribbling out the ventline when inverted... I'm experimenting here as I see many do a HUGE loop of fuel line around or under and over the tank... Ithink this does the same thing with less weight and line...

I'm using a 2 line system on this plane... the white "T" fitting has a filler line branching off to go to a fuel dot.